Bali is a among the finest tropical vacations places on the planet. Bali offers amazing value for the money for accommodations, dining locations, private villas, and spas.
Bali at a Glance
- Located between 8 and 9 degrees south of the equator, 114.5 and 115.5 degrees of longitude east.
- One of the 26 propinsi or state of the Republic of Indonesia ( after losing East Timor ).
- Has an area of 5,561 km2, almost 10 times that of Singapore ( 570 km2 ), measuring about 150 kms from west to east, 80 kms from north to south.
- Compare to DKI Jakarta 661 km2, Oahu 1,580 km2, Mauritius 2,304 km2, DI Yogyakarta 3,169 km2, Madura 5,621 km2, Netherlands 40,844 km2, Sri Lanka 64,850 km2, Java 126,566 km2, New York State 127,190 km2, Sulawesi 182,870 km2, Great Britain mainland 218,024 km2, New Zealand 269,057 km2, Japan 365,360 km2.
- Between Bali and Java lies 2.5 km wide and 60 m deep strait, around 30 km wide strait between Bali and neighboring Lombok island, which surge some of the deepest waters in the archipelago.
- Bali has 4 lakes. Lake Batur 17.19 km2, lake Bratan 3.70 km2, lake Buyan 3.60 km2 and lake Tamblingan 1.10 km2.
- In 1995, population of Bali is 2,9 million, with population density of 522 people per km2.
- Compare to Jakarta 13,858 per km2, West Java 851 per km2, Central Java 868 per km2, East Java 707 per km2.
- Religion. In 1985, Hindu 93.4 %, Muslim 5.1 %, Buddhist 0.5 %, Protestant 0.5 %, Catholic 0.4 %.
- The highest mountain is mount Agung, at elevation of 3,142 m. Other mountains are Batukau, 2,276 m, Abang, 2,152m, Batur, 1,717 m, and Seraya, 1,058 m.
- Double caldera of mount Batur measured 10 km x 13.8 km, it’s one of the biggest calderas in the world.
- Natural forest area 18.1 %.
- Compare to DKI Jakarta 0 %, Central Java 5.9 %, West Java 10.8 %, East Java 11.3 %.
- Protected forest area 963 km2.
- Compare to Central Java 407 km2, West Java 1,878 km2, East Java 3,050 km2.
- Rice field 20%. Non irrigated field nearly 30%. Gardens of cash crops such as coffee 17%.
- Temperature, average 26 degrees C ( 79 degrees F ) throughout the year. In mountainous area at least 10 degrees cooler. Wet season last from November to March.
Inhabitants of Bali harmoniously sharing resources of the island. They all seem feel at home in the envelope of Bali nature blanket.
Even human which is considered most advance among all of living creatures, in Bali most of them have an almost similar environment of living compared to their fellow inhabitants. They lived surrounded by mountains, trees and rivers, like what cattle did. Singing while working in the farm and climbing the trees, just like the birds.
People and other creatures shares homes, temples and forests. In such generous nature for long time the inhabitants of Bali lived harmoniously with their surrounding.
Bali Hotel and Villa
Find simple budget to luxury Bali hotels and villas to all inclusive resorts. The location is from the mountainous area to the beach front, suitable for activities such as spiritual or nature retreat, arts hunting, trekking, cycling, river rafting, golfing, surfing, diving, sight seeing, shopping… the choice is yours.
Balilife helps to select quality hotels for you, provides online reservation functions with discounted internet rates offered by the hotels. Most of hotel reservation facilities in Balilife offer direct to hotel reservation and information request. This way you can rest assured that our internet rates are amongst the most competitive rates and that hotel information offered in our web site is current and up-to-date.
Balilife helps to select quality Spas for you, provides online Voucher and reservation functions with discounted internet rates offered by the Spas. Spa voucher and reservation service in Balilife offer direct to spa correspondence. This way you can rest assured that our internet rates are amongst the most competitive rates and that spa information offered in our web site is current and up-to-date.